Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Random odd fact

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, one of my friends sent me this and I just wanted to share it. It's pretty darn cool, actually.

    *************************************
    The human brain is a wdonreufl tinhg.

    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

    Pterty amzanig huh?
    *********************************

    Well, that's my contribution for the week. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    ~Crystal
    (who actually read that without much difficulty)

    PS: I am interested in what people who speak English as a second language think. Did you guys have problems reading that?

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 29, 2003 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Crystallyne ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, that's neat! I didn't have any problems reading it before, but when I first starting I was thinking...."Man, there sure are alot of typos...why didn't Crystallyne spell check before she po-...ohhh I get it!"

    XD

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thats kinda cool. i didnt have any trouble and i thought the same thing.....tooo many typos, till i got to the end ^_^

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The thing about that is...

    1) I could barely tell the difference between that and the way lots of people post on lots of message boards! (though this one is much better about it, some AnimeLyrics.com posts are near completely unreadable)

    2) A friend with dyslexia says that things like that give non-dyslexics a feel for how he reads everything. The REALLY funny thing is that dyslexia isn't language-dependent -- or rather, it's more *fluency-dependent* than language-dependent. While he was first learning Japanese, he never had a problem with his dyslexia because the symbols were just symbols that had to be translated. Once he made the mental jump to "this is an alphabet I can read and don't have to translate it", THEN his dyslexia kicked in in Japanese...

    people's brains are definitely weird!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read it first on the channel, someone had posted it, and personaly, Crystallyne, I didn't had any trouble reading it ^^ it's nice that the brain works like that too, because like Risu said most poeple strumble on keys while typing ( I being a very nice exemple of this heheh ?__?; ) but we can still understand most of what they are writting.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Snerk. This thing must be going around at the moment. My dad sent me it the other day. And it's true!! It doews raed ilke nolram wrods!

    Oh man, dyslexia is wierd - I mean, why should coloured glasses make a diffence? I always wondered if it happened with other langages though, that's interesting. Like speech impediments. Ie, in english, there are people who substitute Ws for Rs. Does that happen to german speakers who dont have the W sound in their language?

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 12:21 PM: Message edited by: tsukiyama ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But, as someone pointed out when I saw this posted elsewhere, it may fail to work if either the jumbled word forms another valid word, or it might be a jumble of either of two equally valid words--both things that the above quote seems to be designed to avoid.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Naatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <_<

    First time I read it, I had a trouble reading it {non-English native}. I don't read it fluently, I simply can't. With practice I could, but that'd take everything out of the point, hmm?

    Not a lot of people are fast readers. People that read quickly surely have no troubles reading it. It's the OTHER people who don't understand what the hell is going on. That's the point of spelling that is set . . . ^_^;;

    R in English is extremely soft and sounds a lot of W. I'm not quite sure that in the throaty German the R sounds the same. ^_^ I'm sure in Hebrew it usually doesn't. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    |Meduza|

  9. #9
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whee! What a neat fact and I didn't have any trouble reading it!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Heyyy...nice! I read it without trouble!

    hehe...and here I was thinking about lecturing you on how to use spell check. I also thought I had found someone with worst typos than mine [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •